Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Culture


Its strange to think it's been almost a year since I blogged last. The reason is that I have been busy, well no, I just lost interest. Thanks to a certain blogger (yes this is you typeacenlove). She has inspired me to get back on this blogging horse, though Im sure they'll never be as fantastic and well don as hers.
Sitting through my Class and Culture in Latin America class it has brought to my attention the notion of culture. What is culture? According to British pioneer in culture, culture is defined as: a general process of intellectual, spiritual, and aesthetic development: a particular way of life, whether of a people, a period, or a group. Hmmmm let's dissect this shall we. Well simply put, this sums things up. Culture is not simply the customs that make a nation what it is. Culture is an interesting idea in the fact that in modern society it is essentially everything. Culture is not what defines us but it influences us in the fact that laws in essence are encompassed in culture. Laws are different from nation to nation but they shape us by not allowing us to do what we would like, such a rob a bank. That is against the law, duh!

So lets have some fun with pictures, todays topic, why culture of course!


Is this culture? This is hip hop culture, culture has been linked to music.

Here is probably the most stereotypical of the exotic culture. From a North American perspective this is also culture.


Ahhhh culture is am amazing thing. It can also be about what brings people together such as food. YUM! Food. Or culture is something such as the cannabis culture.


Well that is about it. I have exhausted my dive to type. I guess I should go back and ACTUALLY pay full attention to my lecture.

Sincerely,
Lyttle Miss Sunshine



No comments:

Post a Comment